Internship Fair Tips!
- Do your research – Look up the companies that are attending the fair and do some research so you can comment or ask questions based on your research to show that you’re serious.
- Dress to impress!
- Bring copies of an updated resume.
- When greeting a business representative, shake their hand, smile, and introduce yourself.
- Your introduction should include your name, your interests, and why you’re interested in this internship opportunity.
- Listen closely to what the representative has to say.
- Ask questions about the internship or company.
- When the conversation is over, ask for an application and a business card so you know who to contact to follow up with about your application after you submit it.
- Next, complete your application and submit it by following all of the instructions given by the business.
- A week or two after submitting your application, call or email the business representative to see where they are in the process of hiring and interviewing for the position.
- If you get an interview, prepare by practicing answering interview questions and picking out your interview outfit.