We are so proud of the many students who have been reading and participating in Book Adventure. Now, your child can participate in a contest through Book Adventure. It is the Walking with Dinosaurs Reading Contest. Here are more details!
NEW Walking with Dinosaurs Reading Contest
Motivating children to read is an important factor in student achievement and creating lifelong successful readers. Research has shown that children who are motivated and spend more time reading do better in school.
Help children discover that reading can be fun!
From November 1 – December 20, read books offline and then quiz online to earn points and enter for a chance to win prizes!
3 Grand Prize Winners each win:
4 movie tickets and a set of all official movie companion books
5 First Prize Winners each win:4 movie tickets
5 Second Prize Winners each win:
Select official movie companion books
25 Third Prize Winners each win:
Official movie posters
Let’s see how many Brecknock students can be winners in this contest!
We are quickly approaching field trips for many different grades. Please be sure to complete both sides of the field trip form. We want to ensure that you are fully informed about the trip and that we have accurate information in case of an emergency. Please be sure that your child wears sneakers and is prepared for the weather when going on field trips.
Upcoming trips this month are:
- October 15th: Third Grade – Ag Day at Brubaker Park
- October 25th: Fifth Grade – Landis Valley
- October 30th: Sixth Grade – Science Factory
Markey Day is having a Great Grocery Giveaway. Click here to learn more and enter the contest.
Join the PTO in the computer lab tonight at 6:30 to get help signing up for Scrip Center. This easy fundraiser is a great way to help the PTO earn money while just purchasing the tings that you would normally purchase.
Following this help session, our regular PTO meeting will be held in the library at 7:00 PM.
See you there!
Our Brecknock PTO does an amazing job supporting many school events such as RIF, field trips, field day, and so much more. This year, the PTO would like to earn its annual budget through a simple fundraiser called Scrip Center. All that families need to do is order gift cards for things that they would normally purchase. Learn more about how to become involved with the details on the attached documents.
- Parent Drop-Off/Pick-up: This will soon change to students entering and exiting through the new part of the building. Please watch for the adults supervising this area to help your child transition to this new entrance.
- Classrooms: With the completion of the new section this week, we expect to be moving classrooms into that area so that we can begin renovation in other classrooms. This is exciting for the students and teachers.
- Attire: We continue to encourage our students to wear sneakers for comfort and safety.
Students are well under way reading and quizzing on Book Adventure.
Your child can earn points for school prizes and Book Adventure prizes. You can find out which books have quizzes at www.bookadventure.com
Remember, you can make this a family activity. Just contact your child’s teacher or Mrs. Andersen if you need any information.