Welcome to our school climate page, where you can learn more about our school expectations, the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, and more. Do not hesitate to contact Principal Andersen with any questions at 717-445-8600.
“Because Brecknock Cares” – At Brecknock Elementary School, we will strive to be respectful, responsible, and safe.
- I am a good school citizen.
- I show respect in words and actions.
- I treat others with respect at all times.
- I work out differences in a peaceful manner.
- I take care of school property and the property of others.
- I demonstrate honesty in words and actions.
- I am friendly and kind.
- We will not bully others.
- We will help students who are bullied.
- We will include students who are left out.
- If we know somebody is being bullied, we will tell an adult at school and an adult at home.
- I am a quality worker.
- I come to school prepared to learn.
- I actively participate in the learning process.
- I complete assignments.
- I work to the best of my ability.
- I practice self-control.
- I make responsible decisions.
- I keep hands and feet to myself.
- I use equipment and materials safely and properly.
- I keep safety in mind at all times.
Each day, strive to be the best you can be!
Olweus Bullying Prevention Program Resources
What is bullying?
A person is bullied when he or she is exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more other persons, and he or she has difficulty defending himself or herself.
- is an intentional, negative act
- usually repeated behavior
- involves a power imbalance