Next week, Brecknock is celebrating Read Across America Week. Check out the attached flyer for details about each day!
Achieve 3000 is having another contest for our students. Our last class winner was Mrs. Snyder’s 6th grade class. Which class will win this contest?
From February 12 through March 9, when students in grades 2-6 complete lessons on Achieve’s differentiated literacy platform, they will earn contest points. Every activity that a student completes, whether in class, at home, or anywhere else, earns his or her class a point. Plus, double and even triple points are awarded for high scores so that students are motivated to achieve the greatest possible reading growth. The class at Brecknock with the most points at the end of the contest wins!
Check out the detailed letter below.
We invite your child to participate in the 2018 S.T.E.M. Fair on Friday, February 23, 2018.
The flyer below has the registration information. We are still accepting sign-ups through early next week.
Parents, we welcome you to be involved in our school committees. Here is more information about them.
- Focus is to address specific areas of need based on the Safe and Civil Schools Survey
- Meets every other Wednesday at 3:45
- Focus is to analyze our school-wide positive behavior support system and determine is changes need to be made
- Meets every other Tuesday at 8:30
Family Night Committee
- Focus is to plan a night to bring our students and families together to enhance Reading or Math.
- Meets weekly every Tuesday at 3:30
Day of Service Committee
- Focus is to plan our school-wide Day of Service continuing the tradition that was started by Lisa Horning.
If you have any questions about the committees, please contact Kimberly Andersen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-445-8600.
We welcome families and community members to join us for a holiday bazaar.
Check out the flyer!
Community members – we are looking for individuals who may be interested in being a substitute school monitor. This position is during the school day from about 11:30 AM-1:30 PM.
Here is the job posting for your reference: http://blog.elanco.org/br/files/2017/11/School-Monitor-Job-Posting-Nov.-2017-xzo2i7.pdf