Directions for Spartan Learning Portal’s Canvas Parent Observer Account Setup
- The Spartan Learning Portal is the electronic learning management system used by teachers and students at Garden Spot High School and Middle School. Canvas by Instructure is the name of the company that administers the Spartan Learning Portal for the Elanco School District. Teachers will utilize this system to make learning resources available to students, as well as to post homework and class announcements.
- Parents have the ability to create their own “observer” account that provides access to all of their child’s courses so they can see assignment due dates, announcements, and other course content. Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course.
- To setup a Canvas parent-observer account for the Spartan Learning Portal, follow the directions in the PDF below and/or watch the video.
- Click here to download the Directions for Parent Access to the Spartan Learning Portal for learners in Grades 7-12.
Parent Observer Role
- This Canvas Parent Observer Guides describe the online course permissions for parents enrolled as observers, provide information about the parent mobile app, and can answer other questions.