Anonymous Love – Write an anonymous note to a teacher or staff member at your school. Thank them specifically for the work they do, but don’t make it obvious who it is from. It’s not about you or knowing that it came from you! It’s about selfless appreciation.
Analysis: Copy and paste this poem from Tupac Shakur and analyze it. What is he trying to teach in this poem? What does the rose symbolize? What is his tone towards his subject?
“The Rose that Grew from Concrete” by Tupac Shakur
Did you hear about the rose that grew
from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature’s law is wrong it
learned to walk without having feet
Funny it seems, but by keeping its dreams,
it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else ever cared.
Opinion: The PSSAs are next week. Write a blog expressing your feelings about the PSSAs and standardized testing. What do you predict will be a strength for you this year? What do you predict will be a weakness for you this year?
Make sure you visit their site and leave them some feedback! Remember, their creativity went into this…no copying their ideas or comments! Enjoy!
Check out this link!
This is a museum created by Rayne, Valerie, Gracie, Gwen, and Sydni. Please leave them some feedback about their museum that they created.
Choose one of the following to blog about:
- Is rap a form of poetry? Why or why not? Support your answer with evidence.
- Some people find poetry more challenging than reading a book. Is poetry challenging to you? Why or why not? What is it about poetry that many people find challenging?
To prepare for the next Performance Task, I am asking you to write a review on a vacation destination you have recently been on. Your review can be either good or bad. Please rate your experience, providing as many details as possible! Persuade us to either visit your wonderful location or avoid it at all costs! 🙂
Choose one of the following to write about:
- Which one of your parents are you most like? Include a description of the parent, so that we can picture them in our mind. Use sensory language: see, taste, touch, smell, hear.
- Who was your first best friend? How did they influence your life? Include a description of your friend, so that we can picture them in our mind. Use sensory language: see, taste, touch, smell, hear.
- What will your obituary say about you? Include a description of you, so that we can picture you in our mind. Use sensory language: see, taste, touch, smell, hear.
We have been learning about economics for a few weeks. Now is your chance to tell us everything you know about economics! Tell each other what you know about goods, services, opportunity cost, supply and demand, etc. Talk about how your classroom checkbook and finance lessons have helped you gain more perspective to economic issues. Will you be a saver or spender when you grow up? Why is it important to save for a “rainy day?” This blog post will be graded and if possible, please print it out with your name on it! Happy saving/spending! 🙂