There are a variety of options when creating a quiz in Canvas. To view the full list of options, go to Canvas Community page, “What options can I set in a quiz?”
Here is a brief summary of the important quiz features in Canvas from that page:
- Shuffle Answers : You can shuffle (randomize) answers
- Shuffle Questions: You can shuffle (randomize) questions. To learn how to create a question group that randomizes questions within a quiz, go to Canvas Community page – “How do I create a quiz with a question group to randomize quiz questions?“
- Time Limit : You can choose to set a time limit by entering the number of minutes students have to complete the entire quiz. Timed quizzes begin once a student begins the exam and do not pause if the student navigates away from the quiz. If no time limit is set, students will have unlimited time to complete the quiz.
- Allow Multiple Attempts : You can allow students multiple attempts on a quiz.
- Recent Quiz Score —You can choose whether to keep the highest score, latest score, or average score of all attempts. By default, Canvas will keep the highest score unless this setting is changed.
- Allowed Attempts —You can allow multiple attempts and limit the number of attempts. The default dashes represent unlimited attempts.
- Show One Question at a Time : You can show one question at a time and you can choose to lock questions after answering.
- Lock Questions — This option means that students cannot return to the previous question once it has been answered.
- Access Code – You can require an access code to take the quiz/test.
Here is the complete FAQ instructor guide to Canvas quizzes