How To Set Up My Internship
Many of you have applied for internships and submitted applications. You’re probably wondering what the next steps are to secure the internship and make sure it is approved and put on your schedule for the next school year. Read the directions below to learn how to make sure your internship will be ready to start on the 1st day of school next year!
How to Secure an Internship for Your Senior Year
- Complete the application process as required by each specific business.
- If you don’t hear from the business within two or three weeks after applying, follow up by calling on the phone and politely asking for an update on the status of your application.
- You should then work with the business to set up a time for an interview.
- After the interview, if you’re offered the internship position, pick up an Internship Work and Training Agreement packet from me in room 1007.
- Complete the packet – the majority of the packet can be completed on your own. Some of the packet will need to be completed with your internship mentor. Your parent/guardian will also need to sign the paperwork.
- If you will be 17 for any portion of your internship, even for 1 day, your mentor needs to have their clearances. The clearances need to be submitted with the completed internship packet. Clearances can take significant time to process, so encourage your mentor to get them as soon as possible.
- Submit the completed packet to me in the Career Center.
- Finally, meet with your guidance counselor so the internship can be appropriately placed in your schedule.