I personally have a mixed opinion about the PSSA’s. One part I like is that you get to have mints and other candy in class during the PSSA’s. Some years you are also allowed to have gum and I love chewing gum. Another part I like is how they don’t give us any homework.
There are also some reasons I don’t like the PSSA’s. One reason I don’t like them is because it is a very long test. The reading and math tests last three or four days each. Then the time they give you to take the test every day is almost three hours. I am a pretty fast worker and when you are done with the test you just sit there and wait. Yes, sit there and wait and it is so BORING! One more thing I don’t like is that they cover up the clock and then you can’t see how much more time you have to wait until it is over.
My favorite superhero would probably have to be Superman because he is really strong and never gives up in the movies. I like that he is strong and in the movies he lifts cars and trucks. Also he can break chains or ropes.
I also like him because he never gives up a I really like people that never give up and he is definitely the main hero that never gives up.
Please leave a comment.
A piece of technology I couldn’t live with out is probably my school computer. The reason I say that is because I do all of my work on my school computer. It is where I blog, do kid biz, do extra math, IXL, ST Math, and projects. If I didn’t have it I wouldn’t be able to do any work. If I can’t do any work the I can’t get good grades and I always try to get good grades. That is why I feel as if I couldn’t live without my school computer.
Here is a quote by Christopher Reeve. It is about what a hero is. Here it is:
|“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve|
Now I will answer some questions about it.
- What does this quote mean to you? To me it means that any ordinary person can be a hero if they persevere through obstacles.
- Going back to what we discussed at the beginning of this unit, name two traits a hero should have and why they need those traits. They need perseverance for sure because if something is really hard they need perseverance to keep working at it. They also need the character trait of kindness because if you are just rude about everything nobody will like you and won’t consider you as a hero.
- Who in your own life do you consider a hero? Why? I consider my Mom and Dad heroes because they are always there for me and they both work to get the money to put food on the table and pay the bills.
- Name one person from history that has the qualities of a hero? Why would you pick that person? Abraham Lincoln is someone from the past that has the qualities of a hero. I would pick Lincoln because he ended slavery and help the side against slavery win the civil war.
The Man Who Thinks He Can – by Walter D. Wintle
If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think that you dare not, you don’t.
If you’d like to win, but you think you can’t,
it’s almost certain that you won’t.
If you think you’ll lose, you’ve lost;
For out in the world you’ll find
Success begins with a fellow’s will –
It’s all in the state of mind.
If you think that you are out-classed, you are;
You’ve got to think high to rise.
You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life’s battles don’t always go
to the stronger or faster man;
But sooner or later, the man who wins
is the man who thinks he can!
- What the theme of this poem? How can you tell? The theme of this poem is to never give up and always have a positive mindset. I could tell because in the poem it says that if you think you’ve lost you have which means you do not have a good mindset.
- What is the best line or lines from the poem to support the poem’s theme? Explain how it supports the theme. Well one line I like if the one that says life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. Another one is the one that says “If you think you are beaten you are,” They support the theme because they point to having a good mindset.
- Have you ever given up? What could you have done differently to reach that goal? Yes, I have given up many times. Sometimes while just trying to figure something out at home or while trying to learn a new skill in a sport. What I could have done differently is just keep trying and maybe ask somebody.
- Why is better to have a positive outlook over a negative one? It is better to have a positive mindset other than a negative one because it give you hope and determination.
Some people think books written on certain topics should be banned in schools. I agree. There are some books that are just not appropriate for kids. Like sometimes there is a horror movie and then a book comes out. That is the kind of book that should not be in schools. Elementary schools should ban books that are on the high school level that have people smoking a lot or talks about drugs a lot because there are some kids that if they read books like that they would thinks smoking is cool and then start smoking themselves. That is why I think books on certain topics should be banned.
The NBA regular season has started, and the defending NBA champions are back. The Warriors have a record of 3-2. In their season opener they lost to the Houston Rockets 122-121. Kevin Durant made a buzzer beater to win the game, but the officials reviewed it and his last two fingers were barely on the ball when the buzzer went off so that meant he did not shoot it in time so the Warriors lost. The highest scorer was their new backup Nick Young with 23 points and he also made 6 three pointers In their second game they won 128-120 over the Pelicans. Klay Thompson scored the highest amount of points on the Warriors with 33, Steph Curry had the second most with 28, and Durant had the third most with 22 which means three Warriors players had over twenty points. In the Golden State’s third game of the season they lost to the Memphis Grizzlies 111-101. Curry scored 37 points and had a very good game. In their 4th game against the Dallas Mavericks they won by 30 by a score of 133-103 and once again Curry was the highest scorer with 29 points. The Warriors 5th game was a 117-112 win over the Toronto Raptors. Curry was again the highest scorer with 30 points. The Warriors play tonight vs the John Wall led Wizards. Go Warriors!!!!
The Warriors are the NBA Finals champion for the second time in three years!!! (Sorry I didn’t post this sooner I just didn’t have time.) The Warriors ended up winning the series 4-1. The only game they lost was game 4 which I have to admit was one of the greatest performances I’ve ever seen from the Cleveland Cavaliers. They made more than 20 three point shots and score 80 points in the first half. Game 5 was the game Golden State won the series. Since game 5 was in Golden State it was mostly Warriors fan at the arena. When Curry hit a three with 43 seconds left in the game the crowd went crazy and started celebrating and you could see Cleveland fans leaving the arena. (I watched the entire game 5 with my cousin Cole who is also a Warriors fan.) In game three the Warriors won all because of Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. Steph Curry hit 2 clutch free throws to decrease Cleveland’s lead to two points. Then Golden State got the ball back and Kevin Durant drilled a three pointer right over Lebron James to give the Warriors a one point lead with around 2 minutes remaining. Game 2 was when Stephen Curry had a triple double his first of his postseason career. He had 32 points. Lebron also had a triple double but it proved not to be enough for Curry’s 32 points and Durant’s 33 points. In Game 1 the Warriors dominated the Cavs all game especially in the 3rd quarter. Well the Warriors proved that they are better then the Cleveland Cavaliers for the second time in three years.