2017-18 Winter and Spring practice selections are located immediately above.. Click, listen and practice!
1 – Angels Rejoicin’ (Winter)
2 – La Bamba (a) with Special Mix (b) (Spring)
(a) La Bamba –
(b) La Bamba – Special Mix Ending –
3 – Iko Iko (Spring)
4 – Watu Wote (Spring)
The World Music Ensembles at Garden Spot Middle and High Schools perform music from many diverse cultures. They perform primarily on percussion instruments, including percussion instruments from around the world. The group may perform on darboukas (hand drums) from North Africa, a djembe, ashiko or mpugni from West or East Africa, as well as a variety of instruments from Latin America or Japan. They perform music from North Africa and the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and Japan as well as traditional percussion ensemble literature. The group has expanded its focus to include dance from West Africa and hopes to further this exploration in the future. The world is the source of their musical literature. The goal is to expand our musical horizons and to share the music through public performances.
Important Concert Dates:
TBD = To be determined. I will post as soon as I know for sure!
- Middle School Holiday Concert ……. Monday, December 11, 2017; 7 P.M. Report time is 6:30 P.M. in the band room.
- Musser Museum Field Trip and Performance Activity…..Thursday, December 21, 2017. This field trip will occur within the school day. Permission slips are due on Friday, November 17, 2017.
- 6th Grade Orientation Concert ……..Tuesday, April TBD, 2018; Report at 5:45 P.M. (Play from 6:00 to 6:30 P.M. We will play for approximately fifteen minutes during this time).
- Middle School Assembly Concert …. Tuesday, May 01, 2018; 1:30 P.M.
- Middle School Spring Concert ……… Thursday, May 03, 2018; 7 P.M. Report at 6:30 P.M.
- Music in the Parks (Hershey Park) …. May 04, 2018 – All day: Report to the rear parking lot at 6:00 – 6:15 A.M. Depart 6:45 A.M. Return at approximately 10:00 P.M.
- Spirit Day/MS Games Day Concert ………….. Wednesday, May TBD, 2018; Report to Mr. Stover after checking in with your HR teacher.
- MS Talent Show……. Friday, May TBD, 2018 (AM – during school).
- Boys and Girls: Nice pants, a nice shirt and dark (black preferred) shoes. No shorts or white tennis shoes. You may wear your World Beat shirt from last year, if you have one.
Spring Concert and all other performances:
- Members should wear their World Beat shirt, and nice shoes. You may also wear nice pants, light or dark, for Spring.
Please practice your music at home for these concerts.
Mr. Stover thanks you in advance!