2019-20 World Beat Officer election link. Click and vote for your officers. Voting closes on Friday, October 11, 2019. Here is the link: World Beat Officer Election Form
2019-20 music is below. Check out your television appearance from May 2019. Click here:
2019-20 Winter and Spring practice selections are located immediately below.. Click, listen and practice!
1 – Feliz Navidad (Winter 2019)
2 – Lion Sleeps Tonight (Spring 2020)
3 – Caribbean Mix (Spring 2020)
4 – La Bamba (Spring 2020)
5 – Natural (Spring 2020 – with the MS Orchestra) – THIS IS IT!
The World Music Ensembles at Garden Spot Middle and High Schools perform music from many diverse cultures. They perform primarily on percussion instruments, including percussion instruments from around the world. The group may perform on darboukas (hand drums) from North Africa, a djembe, ashiko or mpugni from West or East Africa, as well as a variety of instruments from Latin America or Japan. They perform music from North Africa and the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and Japan as well as traditional percussion ensemble literature. The group has expanded its focus to include dance from West Africa and hopes to further this exploration in the future. The world is the source of their musical literature. The goal is to expand our musical horizons and to share the music through public performances.
Thank you for your dedication to Orchestra and World Beat!
Important Concert Dates:
TBD = To be determined. I will post as soon as I know for sure!
- Middle School Winter Concert ……. Monday, December 09, 2019; 7:00 P.M. Report time is 6:30 P.M. in the World Beat/Band rehearsal room. Voices and sound at a reasonable level. Stay together as a group. Orchestra is first and then World Beat with Chorus for Feliz Navidad. Please sit in the back of the auditorium to watch the rest of the concert after we are finished playing. Remember to wait for applause to enter the auditorium.
- 6th Grade Orientation Concert ……..Thursday, April 23, 2020; Report at 5:45 P.M. (We will play from 6:15 to 6:30 P.M.)
- Middle School Assembly Concert …. Tuesday, May 05 (TBD), 2020; 1:30 P.M. Report at 1:15 to the Band Room.
- Middle School Spring Concert ……… Thursday, May 07, 2020; 7 P.M. Report at 6:30 P.M.
- Music in the Parks (Hershey Park) …. May 08, 2020 – All day: Report to the rear parking lot at 6:00 – 6:15 A.M. Depart 6:45 A.M. Return at approximately 10:00 P.M.
- Spirit Day/MS Games Day Concert ………….. Thursday, May TBD, 2020; Report to Mr. Stover after checking in with your HR teacher.
- Boys and Girls: Nice pants, a nice shirt and dark (black preferred) shoes. No shorts or white tennis shoes. You may wear your World Beat shirt from last year, if you have one.
Spring Concert and all other performances:
- Members should wear their World Beat shirt, and nice shoes. You may also wear nice pants, light or dark, for Spring.
Please practice your music at home for these concerts.
Mr. Stover thanks you in advance!