Mr. Stover will enjoy the opportunity of working with the Middle School Band in 2017-18. Mr. Stover will work collaboratively with Mr. Fitz this year to make sure the band maintains the high quality of performance …and fun… that has been a part of this musical ensemble in the past. Stay tuned here for more information on the coming year in band.
Important Concert Dates:
- Middle School Holiday Concert ……. Monday, December 11, 2017; 7:00 P.M. Report time is 6:30 P.M. in the band room.
- Middle School Assembly Concert …. Tuesday, May 01, 2018; 1:30 P.M.
- Middle School Spring Concert ……… Thursday, May 03, 2018; 7:00 P.M. Report at 6:30 P.M.
- Music in the Parks (Hershey Park) …. May 04, 2018 – All day: Report to the rear parking lot at 6:00 – 6:15 A.M. Depart 6:45 A.M. Return at approximately 10:00 P.M.
Concert Dress for both concerts:
- Boys: Dark (black preferred) pants and a light (white preferred) shirt with a tie and dark (black preferred) shoes. For the Spring Concert, you may wear lighter colors appropriate for the season!
- Girls: Dark (black preferred) dress or skirt; if a skirt is chosen, wear a light (white preferred) shirt or blouse and dark (black preferred) shoes. For the Spring Concert, you may wear lighter colors appropriate for the season.
- Please practice your music at home for these concerts. We no longer have music sectional lessons during school, so it is really important to practice at home for our Tuesday and Friday rehearsals. Mr. Stover thanks you in advance!
2017-18 Winter and Spring practice selections are located below… Click where you see the play button, listen and practice!
1. A Winter Celebration
2. Still, Still, Still
3. Christmas Africana
4. In Search of the Lost Ship
5. Arabian Dances
6. Dark Horse
7. The Running of the Bulls