Mr. Stover will enjoy the opportunity of working with the Middle School Orchestra in 2019-20. Mr. Stover will work this year to make sure the orchestra maintains the highest quality of performance …and fun… that has been a part of this musical ensemble in the past. Stay tuned here for more information on the coming year in orchestra.
2019-20 music appears below. STAY TUNED! For now, check out your television appearance from May 2019. Click on the link found on the Home or World Beat pages of Mr. Stover’s Blog.
Important Concert Dates:
- Middle School Winter Concert ……. Monday, December 09, 2019; 7:00 P.M. Report time is 6:15 P.M. in my classroom (301). After tuning, we will report to the Chorus/Orchestra rehearsal room (307). Do not play or talk. Mrs. Olson will be rehearsing the orchestra. Place cases on the instrument rack. Stay together as a group. Orchestra is first and then World Beat with Chorus. Band is last. We will line up outside of the auditorium at approximately 6:50 P.M. by the door right across from the rehearsal room. When we enter the auditorium, Cellos are first, Violas second, Violins II next and Violins I last. Please sit in the back of the auditorium to watch the rest of the concert after we are finished playing. Remember to wait for applause to enter the auditorium.
- Middle School Assembly Concert …. Tuesday, May TBD, 2020; 1:30 P.M.
- Middle School Spring Concert ……… Thursday, May 07, 2020; 7:00 P.M. Report at 6:20 P.M.
- Music in the Parks (Hershey Park) …. May 08, 2020 – All day: Report to the rear parking lot at 6:00 – 6:15 A.M. Depart 6:45 A.M. Return at approximately 10:00 P.M.
Concert Dress for both concerts:
- Boys: Dark (black preferred) pants and a light (white preferred) shirt with a tie and dark (black preferred) shoes. For Spring, any colors, nice pants and a collared shirt and tie. No shorts, and nice shoes, no sneakers.
- Girls: Dark (black preferred) dress, pants or skirt; if a skirt or pants are chosen, wear a light (white preferred) shirt or blouse and dark (black preferred) shoes. For Spring, nice clothes, Spring (any) colors – skirt, dress or pants and a collared shirt.
- Please practice your music at home for these concerts. We no longer have music sectional lessons during school, so it is really important to practice at home for our Tuesday and Friday rehearsals. Mr. Stover thanks you in advance!
2019-20 Winter and Spring practice selections are located below (work-in-progress:)… Click where you see the play button, listen and practice! – STAY TUNED
1. In The Bleak Midwinter (for 2019-20-Winter)
2. Believe from the Polar Express film (for 2019-20-Winter)
3. Auld Lang Syne
4. Sheep May Safely Graze
5. Chinese Dance – from the Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky (Possible as an first alternate)
6. Light the Candles (Possible as a second alternate)
1. Star Spangled Banner – This one you know. No link necessary!
2. Natural (Spring 2020 – with MS World Beat) – THIS IS IT!
4. Strings Meet the Masters
5. Amazing Grace
6. American Fiddle Medley