Mr. Stover will enjoy the opportunity of working with the Middle School Orchestra in 2018-19. Mr. Stover will work this year to make sure the orchestra maintains the highest quality of performance …and fun… that has been a part of this musical ensemble in the past. Stay tuned here for more information on the coming year in orchestra.
TWO – NEW! – IMPORTANT REHEARSAL DATES:
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 and Wednesday, April 24, 2019 during 8th period until 3:45 P.M. – We will rehearse Thunder with MS Orchestra and MS World Beat. We will have a sound engineer here to make sure that the strings and percussion are balanced. We need to set up microphones and set the microphone levels and place them correctly as well as rehearse. These rehearsals are the most effective if we have everyone present in both groups. We may have time to practice our other selections for both groups. On April 17th, we will rehearse at the beginning of the day just before the PSSAs and then report immediately after school to the stage to rehearse again with sound. On April 24th, you will come down to the stage during 8th period and we will continue to rehearse immediately after school. On both days, you may have a parent pick you up at 3:45 or you may ride the 4:00 P.M. late bus for both of these after-school rehearsals. Thank you for your dedication to Orchestra and World Beat!
Important Concert Dates:
- Middle School Holiday Concert ……. Monday, December 10, 2018; 7:00 P.M. Report time is 6:15 P.M. in the my classroom (301).
- Middle School Assembly Concert …. Tuesday, April 30, 2019; 1:30 P.M.
- Middle School Spring Concert ……… Thursday, May 02, 2019; 7:00 P.M. Report at 6:20 P.M.
- Music in the Parks (Dorney Park) …. May 03, 2019 – All day: Report to the rear parking lot at 6:00 – 6:15 A.M. Depart 6:45 A.M. Return at approximately 10:00 P.M.
Concert Dress for both concerts:
- Boys: Dark (black preferred) pants and a light (white preferred) shirt with a tie and dark (black preferred) shoes. For Spring, any colors, nice pants and a collared shirt and tie. No shorts, and nice shoes, no sneakers.
- Girls: Dark (black preferred) dress, pants or skirt; if a skirt or pants are chosen, wear a light (white preferred) shirt or blouse and dark (black preferred) shoes. For Spring, nice clothes, Spring (any) colors – skirt, dress or pants and a collared shirt.
- Please practice your music at home for these concerts. We no longer have music sectional lessons during school, so it is really important to practice at home for our Tuesday and Friday rehearsals. Mr. Stover thanks you in advance!
2018-19 Winter and Spring practice selections are located below… Click where you see the play button, listen and practice! – STAY TUNED – there may be one selection change for the Spring Concert!
1. Ukrainian Bell Carol (for 2018-19-Winter)
2. Skaters’ Waltz (for 2018-19-Winter)
3. An Appalachian Carol
4. Dreidl Adventure
4. The Star Spangled Banner – This one you know. No link necessary!
5. Thunder (Spring 2019 – with MS World Beat) – THIS IS IT!
6. A Shaker Hymn