Students in grades K-6 will be using Chromebooks as their 1:1 device beginning in 2018-19. Here are some Chromebooks and Chrome browser resources for you to help make the most of these tools!
Start Learning Now
- Here are some lessons from the Google Training Center where you can learn how to best take advantage of Chromebooks in your classroom.
- Chromebooks/Chrome operating system proficiency checklist -includes support links for each task
- Chromebook resources – Chromebook Academy from Kyle Pace’s district
- Chromebooks Resource for Educators via Burlington Public Schools
- Chromebook classroom
- Chrome Ninja Tips (Presentation)
- Chrome Ninja Tips & Tricks – resources
- The Hottest Chromebooks Resource on the Planet
- Chromebook tips every teacher should know
- Chromebooks Tips & Tricks
- Chromebook touchpad tips
- 12 tips to make you a Chromebook pro
- Chromebook resources via Eric Curts and presentation on his intro to staff (some applicable slides to Elanco, trackpad features, etc.)
- 10 must-watch video tutorials for Chromebook users
- What can you do on a Chromebook? Pretty much everything.
- Chromebooks and Google Apps for Ed
- Tips and resources for using Chromebooks offline
Useful Classroom Apps/Extensions:
- Add-ons, Apps, and Extensions for Educators via Rich Kiker
- Extensions Gallery Ex.) Print Friendly & PDF, Bit.ly,
- High School Apps | Education Apps
- 22 Useful Extensions | 20 Interesting Web Apps
- Master List Google Chrome Apps & Extensions
- Chrome extensions Pinterest collection
- 6 Chrome extensions to help you maximize Google Drive
- Chrome extensions to support students with disabilities
- Extensions vs. Apps
- Pop Out for YouTube (video only – no ads)
- Save to Google Drive (click to add to Drive)
- Snagit – screencapture tool
- Awesome Screenshot (crop sections for use later)
- Announcify (reads web page material) – Remedial support?
- Clearly (removes everything on webpage but text)
- Turn Off the Lights (page goes dark except for video)
- One Tab (put all your Chrome tabs on one page)
- Google Translate Chrome Extension
- Google Dictionary Chrome Extension
YouTube is a very robust video sharing and editing tool! Check out this playlist to learn more and tutorials for use!