In order to offer the opportunity for Eastern Lancaster County School District (ELANCO) Staff to personalize their professional development, the flexible professional development plan was first established for the 2016-17 school year and will continue for the 2020-21 school year. The details of the plan are in accordance with the District’s Strategic Plan and are outlined below.
Course Structure and Offerings:
- All ELANCO approved professional development courses will be offered in one of three different formats – traditional face-to-face, blended, or online.
- For the 2020-21 School Year, ELANCO staff must participate in three flexible professional development days. Staff may select either three 100 level courses, or one 200 level and one 100 level courses, or one 300 level course.
- Courses will be classified based on their respective time requirements for a combination of face-to-face and online work outside of staff contract time:
- 100 Level Courses: 5-7 hours
- 200 Level Courses: 11-13 hours
- 300 Level Courses: 17-19 hours
- In some instances staff members may be asked to participate in a course(s) if the course is a required training as part of a district initiative or is an area of growth discussed with building administrator. Staff in Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 of the ELANCO Induction Program will be assigned to a course(s).
- The 2020-21 Flexible PD term begins on June 10, 2020 and runs through the last day of April 2021. May 1st, 2021 is the deadline to complete the course requirements for the 2020-21 school year.
- For blended course options, any synchronous meeting times will be listed in Frontline Education’s My Learning Plan by the instructor. Some online courses have a flexible start date but must be completed in a specified time period.
- If a course enrollment is too low, some ELANCO courses may not be offered. If this occurs, staff members will be notified to select an alternative.
Course Completion Benefits:
- Completion of a 100 Level course counts towards one of the ELANCO Flexible In-Service Days.
- Completion of a 200 Level course counts towards two of the ELANCO Flexible In-Service Days.
- Completion of a 300 Level course counts towards three of the ELANCO Flexible In-Service Days.
ELANCO Flexible In-Service Days for 2020-21 School Year: (6 hours per day)
- 1st Flex Day – Monday, October 12, 2020
- 2nd Flex Day – Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- 3rd Flex Day – Thursday, April 1, 2021
Course Participation Agreement:
- All aspects of the flexible professional development courses should be completed outside of teacher contracted hours.
- Participants must complete the requirements of each course to the standard of the instructor.
- At the conclusion of 2020-21 courses, log into Frontline Education’s My Learning Plan to mark the course complete by completing the online course evaluation and reflection, and uploading any required documentation.