Puzzles to Challenge Your Brain
1. You approach an intersection with two roads coming off of it. Both of the roads lead to a city. One leads to the city of truth, and one leads to the city of lies. The people from the city of lies always lie, and the people from the city of truth always tell the truth. There is one person standing at the intersection. What question do you ask to guarantee that they point the city of truth?
2. What occurs twice in a lifetime, but only once in a year. Twice in a week, but never in a day.
3. First question: You would be in second place. Second Question: There is no one behind the person in last place, so you would be the one in last place.
4. Jim and his friends were going about 40 miles per hour in his boat when authorities stopped them and issued a ticket. Jim wasn’t speeding or breaking any water regulations, so what was going on?
- You say “Point to the city that you live in.”The people will either lie and point to the city of truth, or tell the truth and point to the city of truth.
- The letter E.
- First question: You would be in second place. Second Question: There is no one behind the person in last place, so you would be the one in last place.
- The boat was tied to a car, and it was on a road.