We are working hard in our ELA class! The students are busy reading, writing, speaking, and listening daily in so many different ways:
- Students are choosing self selected books and completing assignments using EPIC. EPIC is an awesome online digital library packed with all kinds of books. There is something for everyone!
- We are giving lots of compliments during class meetings and offering solutions to those with problems. Everyone has been extremely respectful!
- We wrote narrative job essays. Students chose a job that they hope to have in the future. Using our OOTTS organizer the students wrote five paragraph essays telling about a day in their chosen job. Our class is filled with several future lawyers, video game designers, and chefs as well as a dance teacher, a fisherman, a vet, a firefighter, an artist, a third grade teacher, an architect, a physicist, and more. Check out SeeSaw to hear our finished work.
- We are enjoying our read aloud book , The One and Only Ivan, and we are anxious to see what happens with the newest character, Ruby the elephant..
- We are getting to know our pen pals from Brecknock Elementary School. We wrote letters and introduced ourselves on FLIPGRID. We have welcomed Brutus, their stuffed bulldog, to our class. We sent Hunter, our stuffed basset hound, to spend the year with their class.
- We are continuing our focus on kindness with our January Kindness Calendar. Each day a kindness challenge will be presented. We are looking forward to spreading kindness each day in little ways.
- Keep reading at home! Daily reading makes us better readers. 🙂